20 September 2010

Out of my comfort zone

My husband, myself and our neighbor friends (Eric & Megan) visited Hershey Park in Hershey, Pennsylvania this past Saturday. We had a blast, rode all the roller coasters they had, ate some chocolate, took the factory tour, ate tons of theme-park food AND we did one of those old-western theme photo portraits. I've always wanted to get one of those done!



I couldn't believe they were charging over $40 for one photo.. but of course, we split the cost, brought it home and I made tons of copies on my computer. Who wouldn't?

I was thrilled to scrapbook this photo - but this was going to be WAY out of my comfort zone - I'm more of a simple/sketchy/white space/bright colors type of scrapper. My normal themes weren't going to fly with this photo. I drove 45 minutes to the craft store this afternoon and picked up some Tim Holtz things, some rustic papers, wooden star buttons, rose stickers, leather and a roll of string that looks a little like rope. Of course, since I'm not used to scrapbooking with such detail, this one page took me HOURS. It's not exactly how I envisioned it - but in all honesty, I'm pretty happy with it considering this isn't my usual theme for scrapbooking. So, here's my page:



Happy Scrapping, friends. :)

1 comment:

  1. You did awesome Holli!! Isn't it nice to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while? It's refreshing to me. =)

    ReplyDelete